John Dodge points to the use of a gamification program at Fedex called the “Fedex Badge”. This program is a rewards program that is defined by John as the following:
The gamification program rewards and reinforces sharing through The Fedex Badge program. Ideally, it starts with engagement, moves to adoption and then goes viral. The benefits are:
– Identifies key knowledge holders and encourages sharing.
– Applies and grows relevance to subject matters.
– Facilitates adoption of new features and user experience elements.
– Motivates individuals to complete training and enhanced skill building programs.
– Promotes appreciation and pride in one’s accomplishments.
– Allows for tracking and analytics of compliance and usage.
Interesting. The Fedex Badge gamification program rewards people for sharing knowledge and collaborating.
Continues @ http://ericbrown.com